Teachers, don’t miss the 25 March deadline to enter your school’s mental health initiatives for a Mission Possible award.
At Walk in My Shoes (WIMS), we’re running our sixth annual Mission Possible school achievement awards in celebration of Irish schools’ enthusiasm and dedication in promoting mental health awareness.
Entering the awards takes just a few minutes, with the deadline closing at 5pm on Friday, 25 March.Learn more about the awards here
How to enter
How to enter
Primary and secondary school teachers stand to win a €600 cash prize for their schools in recognition of the work their classes and schools are doing to support children and young people’s wellbeing.
Teachers can submit their class or schools’ mental health initiatives under one of three categories:
- Best Standalone Project recognizes once-off projects to raise awareness of mental health, like setting up a Wellness Wall or holding an art competition
- Most Creative Idea is about everything quirky and imaginative that gets us talking about mental health and wellbeing, such as a fun team-building activity or a creative digital campaign
- Best Programme Activity celebrates longer programmes or series of mental health activities, like a Friendship Month or a kindness calendar.
Once you know which category best suits your initiative, all it takes to enter is:
- Logging on to our School Portal to upload information and photos, videos or other resources from your initiative
- Completing our short online entry form.
All schools who enter will be invited to an online awards ceremony in April, where one primary school and one secondary school will be awarded a €600 prize for their school in each category. Every school that takes part will also receive a certificate.
If you have any questions about Mission Possible, please email our WIMS Campaign Manager, Amanda McArdle, at firstname.lastname@example.org.