We received a strong response to the Frame of Mind competition, which invites budding filmmakers to submit short films, just two to three minutes in length, to challenge stigma or share a positive message around mental health.
10 short films in each of the competition’s Secondary School and General categories now stand to scoop first or second prize at the awards ceremony.
Competing in the Secondary School category are:
- The Domino Effect | Scoil Mhuire, Clane
- The Flipside | St Mary’s CBS, Portlaoise
- Masking My Mood | Presentation College, Tuam
- Not Your Usual Suspect | St Michael’s Loreto, Navan
- Reach Out | St Augustine’s College, Dungarvan
- Rise Up | Loreto College, Crumlin
- Some Ways to Have a Healthy Mind | St Joseph’s Secondary School, Rush
- Speak Out | Pobalscoil Chorcha Dhuibne, Dingle
- We All Have Something to Live For | Pobaslscoil Chorca Dhuibne, Dingle
- With You in a Heartbeat | Templeogue College, Dublin 6W.
Our shortlisted General entries include:
- Breaking the Cycle | Eoghan McQuinn
- Bulimia – My Addiction | Emma Drumm
- I’m Fine | Swan Youth Service
- The Interview | Ethan Kelly
- It’s OK Not to Be OK | Kingscourt Youthreach
- Stereo Self-Talk | Fergus O’Keane
- Taboo | Mark Doyle
- Take Me with You | Sinead Collopy
- Two-Faced | Niamh O’Connor
- When Words Fail, Music Speaks | Lisa Price.
All the films will be screened and winners announced at a ceremony taking place in St Patrick’s University Hospital, Dublin 8 on Friday, 31 January from 6pm.
Ahead of this, the films will be marked by the judging panel, considering factors like story, script development, creativity, and production and editing, along with the impact the films make in raising awareness around mental health.
Judges include actor Jordanne Jones; Michael Doherty, Film Editor of the RTÉ Guide; Tom Maher, Director of Services at St Patrick’s Mental Health Services (SPMHS); and Sean Fitzpatrick, Chair of SPMHS’ Service Users and Supporters Council.
Thank you to everyone who took part in the competition – and best of luck to all our shortlisted nominees!
Continue to…Winners announced in our annual Frame of Mind short film competition