For general enquires about Walk In My Shoes and our initiatives

Email or call 01 249 3632.

Walk in My Shoes,
St Patrick’s Mental Health Services,
James’ Street,
Dublin 8


If you are experiencing a mental health difficulty or are worried about a friend or relative

You can get one-to-one mental health advice with our Support & Information service on 01 249 3333, or you can drop into St Patrick’s Mental Health Services Information Centre located at St Patrick’s University Hospital, James’ Street, D8 where we have a range of books and booklets relating to all aspects of mental health.

Our Support & Information line and email service is staffed by experienced mental health nurses 9am–5pm Monday to Friday with an answering and call-back facility outside of these hours.
Call us 01 249 3333 now!

Visit St Patrick’s website for more information

If in crisis, the following options are available:


The Samaritans is a confidential, emotional support service for anyone in the UK and Ireland.

The service is available 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including feelings that may lead to suicide.

Volunteers offer support by responding to phone calls, emails and letters. Alternatively, people can drop in to a branch to have a face-to-face meeting.

In the Republic of Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted at 116 123.

You can also email Samaritans at or find your local branch on the Samaritans website.

Pieta House

Pieta House, Suicide Crisis Centre, Self-Harm Crisis Centre.

Pieta House offers one-to-one counselling for people with suicidal ideation, people who have attempted suicide and people engaging in self-harming behaviours.

You can contact Pieta House at any hour of the day by phoning Freecall 1800 247 247 or texting HELP to 51444.

For an appointment please phone Pieta House, Lucan 01 6010000 or Pieta Mid West, Limerick, 061 484444.

For more information check out the Pieta House website.

Other phone and online supports

There are a number of organisations providing support via the phone, internet or text message. The list is available on the HSE website,

Share This