The inaugural ‘World Mental Health Ball’ was held on the 11th of October 2014 in The Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin to raise funds for St. Patrick’s Mental Health Foundation’s campaign ‘Walk in My Shoes’.
We would like to extend a special thanks to:
Our Ambassadors: Adam Clayton, ORB, Ken Doherty, Brent Pope, and Alison Canavan.
Our ‘Walk in My Shoes’ Video for the night: Siobhan Perry (Screentime Shinawil)
Our ‘Walk in My Shoes’ Chocolate Shoes Supplier: Skelligs Chocolate
Our New ‘Walk in My Shoes’ Website: Colin Meagle (Continuum)
MCs on the night: Alison Canavan & Brent Pope
Our Newspaper Sponsor: The Sunday Business Post
Our Breakfast Supplier: SPAR
Our beautiful vault prize: Appleby Jewellers
Our print partner for the night: PrintRun
Nigel Doolin of Merrion Vaults, Ken Coogan (Caricaturist) and Hugh Grennan at Print Run.
We would also like to thank our wonderful sponsors on the night who very kindly donated outstanding prizes for our auction. The packages were as follows:
1. Ken Doherty for his wonderful ‘Get snookered prize’:
2. Alison Canavan and her fabulous ‘Pamper me pretty’ prize donors Body Byrne, Lennon Courtney, Brown Thomas. Michael Leong, Callan Berry, Barry McCall, The Unicorn Restaurant and The Shelbourne Hotel.
3. ORB for their amazing ‘The ORB Experience’ prize with their prize donors MCD Productions.
4. Our brilliant ‘Golfing Gift’ with thanks to BM Sports and John Carr.
5. The superb ‘Madinat Jumeirah’ prize thanks to Madinat Jumeirah which included a luxury stay in an Arabian Summerhouse.
6. Our ‘Ultimate Dining Experience’ with thanks to all of our wonderful 2015 Calendar chefs.
7. Adam Clayton for his remarkable U2 prize package.
8. Brent Pope for his outstanding ‘Ultimate Rugby Experience’ and Rob & Dave Kearney, and Trevor Brennan Rugby Tours.
We would like to say a sincere thank you to all who have supported and donated to ‘Walk in My Shoes’ in 2014.
Through your support, we will continue to help vulnerable young adults in Ireland with mental health difficulties.